British passport holders and South African family members Immigration information for South Africans moving, immigrating, visiting or working in the Republic of Ireland
There will be 2 parts to this based on Brexit 31st Dec 2020
British Sponsor exercising EU Treaty rights in Ireland, Prior to Brexit .
Their Dependants fall under EU Treaty.
British Sponsor exercising EU treaty rights in Ireland, Post Brexit
Their Dependants fall under the New Policy Document:
- Who can a UK passport holder sponsor?
- What the Uk Sponsor needs to do
- Preclearance and application thereof
- Specified categories of non-EEA family members of a UK citizen may apply under this Scheme
- Who can apply under this scheme
- Detailed Guidelines- inlcuding the financial requirements, health insurance and police clearances
- Eligible family members
- Eligibility requirements
- Change in circumstances
- Documents required and a checklist for South African dependants
- The Application Process
- Registration and fees once in Ireland
- Unsuccessful applications
- Paperwork preparation and a checklist for South Africans
- Documentation required from all applicants and the requirements and formats of those documents
- Documents specific to relationship types
- Finances and how to prove them
- Checklist of documents to make it easy for you to gather these documents
- Screenshots and detailed step by step of the application
#MapMyMove- Our coaching Service - confused or lost and need some direction?
Please note during Covid-19, a 14 day quarantine applies when you arrive in Ireland. Please see this link for VITAL info: Covid-19 updates
*Particular note: where you see Ireland is back to Visa free entry this does NOT apply to British and SA moving under the New Policy document- you still need that approval letter BEFORE coming to Ireland for the SA dependants